Tour Duration: 4 days
Locations Covered: Khonoma Village, Nagaland
Khonoma village is located about 20 km from the state capital, Kohima. The terrain of the village is hilly, ranging from gentle slopes to steep and rugged hillsides. The hills are covered with lush forestland, rich in various species of flora and fauna. The state bird, Blyth’s tragopan, a pheasant now nationally endangered, is reprtedly found here.
Preliminary ecological studies done so far record the use of about 250 plant species, including over 70 for medicinal purposes, 84 kinds of wild fruits, 116 kinds of wild vegetables, nine varieties of mushrooms, and five kinds of natural dyes from the surrounding forests in the village. Local people have recorded about 204 species of trees, nearly 45 varieties of orchids, 11 varieties of cane, and 19 varieties of bamboo. Villagers also record 25 types of snakes, six kinds of lizards, 11 kinds of amphibians and 196 kinds of birds (of which English names for 87 have been identified, including the grey-billed or Blyth’s tragopan, a threatened bird mentioned in the red data book of IUCN).
Tour Starts and ends at Dimapur airport
- Day 1: Dimapur – Khonoma
Arrive at Dimapur airport and transfer to Khonoma Village.
- Days 2: Arround Khonoma
Full Day birding in different routes arround the Khonoma Village.
- Days 3: Khonoma – Dzukou
Full Day birding drive to Dzukou and return. Overnight at Khonoma.
- Days 4:Khonoma – Dimapur Airport/Departure
After Breakfast transfer to Dimapur Airport.
- 100% advance on confirmation for the Tour
- 25% outside 40 days before the Tour
- 50% between 39 and 30 days before the Tour
- 75% between 29 and 20 days before the Tour
- 100% within 19 days before the Tour
Please note: The date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel is the date considered for calculation of the cancellation fees.
Terms and Conditions
- Participants who have a medical history of blood pressure, heart-related problems or asthma are advised to seek medical advice before enrolling for this Tour.
- Northeast Birding Tours shall not be responsible for any death, personal injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveller in connection with terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel partner’s control.
- Reception at Airport on arrival and send off.
- Accommodation on twin sharing Basis
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and hot beverages (coffee and tea)
- On birding treks, all camping arrangements to include all meals, tent (shared by 02 persons), sleeping mats, dining tent, toilet tents, camp staff, porters and local guide. Sleeping Bags provided on prior request.
- Exclusive transport for all transfers and birding trips as per itinerary.
- Park Entry fees
- Birding guide
- All Air fares.
- Personal expenses (alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, telephone, and medical expenses).
- Any type of insurance.
- Camera fees if any.
- Single room supplement.
- Applicable Service Taxes.
As Nagaland falls under restricted area, official permission is required to enter the state beyond Dimapur.
- For Indian Nationals: The Inner Line Permits are required by Indians other than natives of Nagaland for travelling to Nagaland beyond Dimapur. The ILPs are issued by the Issuing authorities of Government of Nagaland with offices at Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Shillong. These can also be obtained from Deputy Commissioner of Dimapur, Kohima and Mokokchung.
- For Foreign Nationals: All the foreigners are required have the Protection Area Permit or PAP for entering into Nagaland. They can obtain the Protected Area Permit from, All Indian Missions abroad, All Foreigners Regional Registration Officers (FRRO) at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chief Immigration Officer, Chennai, Home Ministry, Govt. of India, Resident Commissioner, Nagaland House, New Delhi or Commissioner & Secretary, Tourism, Govt. of Nagaland.