Tour Duration: 5 days
Locations Covered: Kaziranga National Park
Kaziranga National Park is a national park in the Golaghat and Nagaon districts of the state of Assam, India. The sanctuary, which hosts two-thirds of the world’s great one-horned rhinoceroses is a World Heritage Site. According to the census held in March 2015, which was jointly conducted by the Forest Department of the Government of Assam and some recognized wildlife NGOs, the rhino population in Kaziranga National Park is 2,401. It comprises 1,651 adult rhinos (663 male, 802 are females, 186 unsexed); 294 sub-adults (90 males, 114 females, 90 unsexed); 251 juveniles and 205 cubs. Kaziranga is home to the highest density of tigers among protected areas in the world, and was declared a Tiger Reserve in 2006. The park is home to large breeding populations of elephants, wild water buffalo, and swamp deer. Kaziranga is recognized as an Important Bird Area by BirdLife International for conservation of avifaunal species. When compared with other protected areas in India, Kaziranga has achieved notable success in wildlife conservation. Located on the edge of the Eastern Himalaya biodiversity hotspot, the park combines high species diversity and visibility.
Kaziranga has been identified by Birdlife International as an Important Bird Area. It is home to a variety of migratory birds, water birds, predators, scavengers, and game birds. Birds such as the lesser white-fronted goose, ferruginous duck, Baer’s pochard duck and lesser adjutant, greater adjutant, black-necked stork, and Asian openbill stork migrate from Central Asia to the park during winter. Riverine birds include the Blyth’s kingfisher, white-bellied heron, Dalmatian pelican, spot-billed pelican, Nordmann’s greenshank, and black-bellied tern. 10 Birds of prey include the rare eastern imperial, greater spotted, white-tailed, Pallas’s fish eagle, grey-headed fish eagle, and the lesser kestrel. Kaziranga was once home to seven species of vultures, but the vulture population reached near extinction, supposedly by feeding on animal carcasses containing the drug Diclofenac. Only the Indian vulture, slender-billed vulture, and Indian white-rumped vulture have survived. Game birds include the swamp francolin, Bengal florican, and pale-capped pigeon. Other families of birds inhabiting Kaziranga include the great Indian hornbill and wreathed hornbill, Old World babblers such as Jerdon’s and marsh babblers, weaver birds such as the common baya weaver, threatened Finn’s weavers, thrushes such as Hodgson’s bushchat and Old World warblers such as the bristled grassbird. Other threatened species include the black-breasted parrotbill and the rufous-vented prinia.
Tour Starts and ends at Guwahati Airport
- Day 1: Guwahati – Kaziranga NP
Arrive at Guwahati airport and transfer to Kaziranga National Park, overnight stay in a nearby lodge/Hotel.
- Days 2-4: Kaziranga National Park
Full day birding at Kaziranga National Park in verious ranges. (Total 4 safaries including one elephant Safari).
- Day 5: Kaziranga – Guwahati/Departure
After Breakfast transfer to Guwahati Airport.
- 100% advance on confirmation for the Tour
- 25% outside 40 days before the Tour
- 50% between 39 and 30 days before the Tour
- 75% between 29 and 20 days before the Tour
- 100% within 19 days before the Tour
Please note: The date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel is the date considered for calculation of the cancellation fees.
Terms and Conditions
- Participants who have a medical history of blood pressure, heart-related problems or asthma are advised to seek medical advice before enrolling for this Tour.
- Northeast Birding Tours shall not be responsible for any death, personal injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveller in connection with terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel partner’s control.
- Reception at Airport on arrival and send off.
- Accommodation on twin sharing Basis
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and hot beverages (coffee and tea)
- On birding treks, all camping arrangements to include all meals, tent (shared by 02 persons), sleeping mats,
- dining tent, toilet tents, camp staff, porters and local guide. Sleeping Bags provided on prior request.
- Exclusive transport for all transfers and birding trips as per itinerary.
- Park Entry fees
- Birding guide
- All Air fares.
- Personal expenses (alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, telephone, and medical expenses).
- Any type of insurance.
- Camera fees if any.
- Single room supplement.
- Applicable Service Taxes.