Tour Duration: 5 days
Locations Covered: Manas National Park
Manas National Park is located in the Himalayan foothills, it is contiguous with the Royal Manas National Park in Bhutan. The park is known for its rare and endangered endemic wildlife such as the Assam roofed turtle, hispid hare, golden langur and pygmy hog. Manas is famous for its population of the wild water buffalo. The name of the park is originated from the Manas River, which is named after the serpent goddess Manasa. The Manas river is a major tributary of Brahmaputra River, which passes through the heart of the national park. The Manas hosts more than 450 species of birds. It has the largest population of the endangered Bengal florican to be found anywhere. Other major bird species include great hornbills, jungle fowls, bulbuls, brahminy ducks, kalij pheasants, egrets, pelicans, fishing eagles, crested serpent-eagles, falcons, scarlet minivets, bee-eaters, magpie robins, pied hornbills, grey hornbills, mergansers, harriers, ospreys and herons. The fauna of the sanctuary include Indian elephants, Indian rhinoceros, gaurs, Asian water buffaloes, barasingha, Indian tigers, Indian leopards, clouded leopards, Asian golden cats, dholes, capped langurs, golden langurs, Assamese macaques, slow loris, hoolock gibbons, smooth-coated otters, sloth bears, barking deers, hog deers, black panthers, sambar deers and chitals.
Tour Starts and ends at Guwahati Airport
- Day 1: Guwahati – Manas NP
Arrive at Guwahati airport and transfer to Manas National Park, overnight stay in a nearby lodge/Hotel.
- Days 2-4: Manas National Park
Full day birding at Manas National Park in various ranges (Total 4 safaries).
- Day 5: Manas – Guwahati/Departure
After Breakfast transfer to Guwahati Airport.
- 100% advance on confirmation for the Tour
- 25% outside 40 days before the Tour
- 50% between 39 and 30 days before the Tour
- 75% between 29 and 20 days before the Tour
- 100% within 19 days before the Tour
Please note: The date of written (email) communication of intent to cancel is the date considered for calculation of the cancellation fees.
Terms and Conditions
- Participants who have a medical history of blood pressure, heart-related problems or asthma are advised to seek medical advice before enrolling for this Tour.
- Northeast Birding Tours shall not be responsible for any death, personal injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveller in connection with terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel partner’s control.
- Reception at Airport on arrival and send off.
- Accommodation on twin sharing Basis
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and hot beverages (coffee and tea)
- On birding treks, all camping arrangements to include all meals, tent (shared by 02 persons), sleeping mats,
- dining tent, toilet tents, camp staff, porters and local guide. Sleeping Bags provided on prior request.
- Exclusive transport for all transfers and birding trips as per itinerary.
- Park Entry fees
- Birding guide
- All Air fares.
- Personal expenses (alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, telephone, and medical expenses).
- Any type of insurance.
- Camera fees if any.
- Single room supplement.
- Applicable Service Taxes.